Snyder/wilson FT5120 10FT 8inch

Was just at sports fishing scene and was really after a 2nd rod for mully fishing...was eying up the 5120 wilson but didnt have any in spin so the cool dude at the counter gave me the snyder ft5120 in the spin for the same price...absolutely stoked...really want it for punchin out 125 metal blades when standing in the surf..does anyone else have one of these rods and what are your thoughts on them for lures etc ??? cheers.

Mate, I have a Wilson Livefibre 5120 in overhead that I use with an ABU 9000 with 30lb mono for casting big lures and baits. I couldn't recommend it highly enough. I even used it to cast some lighter (but bigger) poppers and lures at some Kingies of the beach this XMas and it surprised me even with the lighter weights.

ft is fast taper indeed ;) generally a 5120 is rated at 10 to 15kg,and are a great "all round" rod for the beach in my opinion......will get sambo's,mullies and medium sharks.If you predominantly want sambo's,the 4120 might be better...........if you want to get anything that swims,the 8144........the 5120 is a good balance of both worlds B)