Help needed for lure amd SP amature

Hi guysAfter years of using bait I thought i would give the soft plastics and lures a good go. After MANY unsuccesfull goes im starting go get over it. I have tried for bream, small mulloway, carp, yellowfin whiting. But yet to get something. Are there any hints or tips that i am missing out on? I have a 2-4 kilo outfit that i use which consists of a shimano jewel rod, stradic c14 reel and 5 pound braid. So i really am targeting bream.Any help would be appreciatedThanksMatt

slow..... when you think your slow enough.. slow it down again..cheap lures dont always swim well...plastics are cheap.. and effective.. look at the types of plastics. paddle tails and curl tails work for you.. jerk shads etc you have to work. find the structure and you find the fish ;)

Yep, I was the same, tried some flick baits and curl tailed grubs to start with and I must have cast them 1000 times for not a touch.I reckon it was a combination of wrong place, wrong technique wrong baits .I switched to my favorite sp of all time, the Berkeley 3 inch power minnow in pumpkin seed scale and things started happening. I gushed different locations where I knew there were fish and honed my technique to a nice slow 'flick flick sink'. It was magic. Started catching plenty of bream , small mulloway and st's.The thing that changed was my confidence.... That's how I got to catch more fish.After mastering that lure I tried the grubs again and caught fish on them along the wharfs down the upper port. I then discovered the sqidgie wriggler , what a lure.I've now completed the snapper ( smashed heaps and heaps of them on big jerk baits, biggest going 11 kg) and mulloway quinella ( did this on a white lightning shad last winter in the pat, fish went 9 kg from memory). And now I can say I'm confident if being able to fish any sp for any species.The motto, hang in there , keep going, you will get your first and you won't look back.

This is a god topic as i have just dusted of the weapon i used when in far north queensland as i used to do a bit of lure fishing up there ,this rod and real have to be over 20 years old but they are like brand new ,the reel is a abu pro plus and the rod is a shimano black magnum baitcasting rod ,maybe ill get down the onk and have some practice now that the heat wave has passed .baitcaster001.JPGbaitcaster003.JPG