Transom Burley Bucket

Been looking at getting one of those Burley Buckets with mucher to attach to the transom of my boat to try and get a good burley trail happening.Does anyone use one of these and are they any good? I have just been using the old floating plastic type up until now but I am of the opinion the mulcher will have a better effect.Also which is better stainless or plastic??

It depends on what you are berleying for, for Gar and Tommies a top berley trail and for Snapper you have to get to the bottom I use a onion bag wit a 1/2 or full house brick depending on tidal run let it down to the botton then lift 1 meter off botem and the berley will spread quite a long way. Oh by the way DO NOT use snapper offal in your berley. Snapper heads are good for Crabs and Crays and White Pointers only

I just use one of the floating buckets with a heap of star sinkers tied together in the bottom ,this is than attached to a handreel with some thin nylon rope just lower or raise as you descide tie of the bucket to rear cleat easy as ,if a shark grabs it the rope willl break or thats the theory :laugh:

I have a transom mounted burley bucket on my Tabs- Plastic with a stainless masher, its great for mashing up slimy frames, Pilchards, and dispersing pellets soaked in oil. I usually run it in conjunction with a burley bucket supended off the bottom. I had a ~10 kg snapper come up and sniff it at the illusion under light when I was packing up, it works a treat. Until I have a grey suit chew it in half, I'm going to keep using it. I'd get plastic if you are going to get one, not as noisy while you are mashing and not as many tears if there is an accicdent. Oh and make up a hoe-like plastic thingo to clean it out on the water, nothin worse than a few rancid fish heads stinking the garage out!

• 3 weeks later...