Future Leaders Wanted for Recreational Fishing

Next Wave is a program to develop young recreational fishers skills in fisheries management, communication, negotiation and leadership at a 5 day workshop in Nelson Victoria from Sunday 2nd June to Friday 7th June.Currently there has been few applications from SA and with a fast apporaching event date anyone interested needs to get in contact with the organisors asap.To clarify I have no involvement in the running, coordinating or anything else for this program. Just spreading the word.SENextWave.pdfCheers,Matt

Next Wave is a program to develop young recreational fishers skills in fisheries management' date=' communication, negotiation and leadership at a 5 day workshop in Nelson Victoria from Sunday 2nd June to Friday 7th June.Currently there has been few applications from SA and with a fast apporaching event date anyone interested needs to get in contact with the organisors asap.To clarify I have no involvement in the running, coordinating or anything else for this program. Just spreading the word.[attachment=15090']SENextWave.pdf[/attachment]Cheers,Matt

A great initiative for sure but the costs to cover an indivisuals existing employment/family inconvience needs to be good or any incentive is lost.More applicants would probably result if state government support for recreational fishing had any substance and we had a well funded body.For any indivisual looking to represent SA who seeks to then move interstate where there is real professional progressive opportunities this would be a good stepping stone.
  • 2 weeks later...

Would have been great to get word of this more than a week out, my first though was future leaders of what? recreational fishing leadership in this state is almost totally volunteer work with no support from government but plenty of frustration, suit a glutton for punishment.(no offence intended to those hard working volunteers who do a great job)I like tacklebags suggestion of doing the course and then moving to vic to use your skills and knowledge as it would be wasted in SA.If it's on again next year with more than a few days notice I will be attending then moving to vic soon after! :)

I was disappointed by the late notice as well, I posted the day after I received it. If people are interested I suggest getting in contact with the organisers. I've been told this course has already been delayed a few times and if the numbers aren't enough it will be delayed again. At least you'll have your name down and the timing might be better.

MattO" post=259252]I was disappointed by the late notice as well' date=' I posted the day after I received it. [/quote']Sorry MattO I wasn't having a go at you about the notice mate! I recieved the info from an industry leader who himself was only told about it a week or so out from the event ;) cheers