lobster management article.

ive been saying for years.. that the heavily fished industries such as this need to have their EXPORT numbers cut. yes they get big $$ overseas but that is creating a situation that we are harming our fisheries to feed the rest of the world. cut exports/quotas for 3-5years and watch how fast things get back to healthy numbers.ofcourse it will cost jobs and probably see a few people out of the industry. but it will save many of the fisheries in the long term. whats Australia's crayfish total catch? How much is exported?how much is kept for Australian consumption?i know its all about global markets but i get P***** off paying such high prices for stuff due to " they pay more in china" attitude.. always feel like Australians are getting ripped off locally due to the prices willing to be paid over seas.

ive yet to see the size fish that are sold from wa compared to what i see in holding tanks here.comparing the two industries ????in regards to price drops overseas if you can hold stock until the prices improve or strike a better deal,what are you going to do as a businessi think youll find lobster predators have increased dramaticlly in our zonesim not going to harp on about their enviroment either