A sad day today

A sad day today guys.I had decided to chase some Bream this morning no matter what the wind and weather was like .I arrived at my favourite spot got my waders out the car.Got dressed in my waders grabbed my new fly rod and my back pack.Got my REEL went to put it in the rod seat and snap .A small section of my reel snapped of the seat part.So no more 400 dollar irish fly reel the hardest part will be telling my parents it was a gift from their o/s trip.Back to my $40 shakespeare reel for awhile for me :(

rough, Good luck mate.

The wife said no to sending it back to Ireland to get fixed .The amount it was going to cost I could buy a very good reel for here in OZ.I still have my Shakespeare Combo reel from the$60 fly combo I bought that got me going.So I can at least still hunt Bream at the lake .Hint Bream I am coming back get awake ;).I heard last night they were surface feeding on flying ants at the lake.CheersMick

[i heard last night they were surface feeding on flying ants at the lake.A mate who has a dozen or so decent trout in his backyard pond reckons they were going ape pooh for the Ants, leaping like crazy, eating thousands of them :oSorry to hear about your misfortune Mickyj, hope you find a solution soon. A fly reel after all is little more than a line holder and virtually anything does, so I reckon go back to your old familiar until you win "Power Ball" :icon_e_biggrin:Cheers, tonyb.

[i heard last night they were surface feeding on flying ants at the lake.
A mate who has a dozen or so decent trout in his backyard pond reckons they were going ape pooh for the Ants, leaping like crazy, eating thousands of them :oSorry to hear about your misfortune Mickyj, hope you find a solution soon. A fly reel after all is little more than a line holder and virtually anything does, so I reckon go back to your old familiar until you win "Power Ball" :icon_e_biggrin:Cheers, tonyb.funny thing tony the old el cheapo reel feels bloody great on the pflueger .In fact it feels lighter than the Irsih reel did .But when I held both without line the shakespeare was heavier.Had fun this morning wading and casting no fish but it was fun.