Lures, a million dollar industry?

I like lure fishing don't get me wrong there's nothing like a snook, salmon or even a flathead inhaling on a soft plastic or a hard body, whilst u strike and watch the tip load. But what really grinds my gears is that in 21st century opening up the various fishing magazines from around Australia and seeing every fish great and small with a lure dangling or hanging from its mouth. The lure industry is a multi million dollar game, and I have no doubt that a lot of these products are gently pierced through the fishes jaw after capture to sell a product or its line. I find it sad that the corporate marketing crap that you would expect to find in a jewellery store. is more than present when your out fishing trying to get away from the everyday :c

Yeah it's a shame. The same thing has happened to 4wd Action. The DVD's use to have hours of 4x4 footage with a few adds in between. Now there is more adds than footage of their trip. Advertising has ruined it, I use to look forward to every issue! I can't believe Roothy would sell out like that, it seems money can buy almost anyone these day's.