Saltiga Dogfight

ur mate or urself????? neways if i ad da dogfight id prob run da 80lb line on it coz wen r u gonna need 500m of 50lb???? but its up 2 u.. but u can get thinner diam braid n fit more than 300m of 80lb if u wanted but ull never use it.. can i jus ask where n wat u gonna chase wid it???? no GT's in SA.... yep n wen uve spent big buks on a reel like dat u should no wat ur chasing n wat line u need to stop it... :fishing:http://www.strikehook.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,78/topic,3664.0/

depends on the rod ,what hes fishing for,need more info mate.surely if ya spending big money on tackle like that he would no what he should be doing with it.

Agree with Junkie on that ,good luck with whatever way he goes,but either way I wouldnt fill the whole thing up with braid,maybe half with mono backing.Anything that is capable of taking 500 metres of braid off a reel like that,even 200 metres is probably unstoppable anyhow.Good luck ,hope he enjoys the reel.
Guest Butters

Those reels can pull some crazy drag.. What is he planning on chasing? 50lb or 80lb.. dont matter.. like cal said if its gonna be able to take 200mts against 15kg drag or more.. its probably not gonna stop for anything..

SF, heres my 2 bobs worth.If your m8 bought a dogfight, then I would assume he will be chasing something big.Tuna, samsons, sharks etc.I personally would fill the spool with 50lb, (mono backing of course) but thats just me.I was close to getting spooled on a tuna with a saltist50 ohead, loaded with 65lb. simply because I had 1st strike and we kept trolling through the school.If this is the type of fishing he is planning, then I would fill it up. If he can afford that reel he can afford the line to fill it. He can always turn the line around later.This is just my opinion, and I would be keen to hear what some of our seasoned Kingy fishers advise.

Interesting post & sorry to butt in, but could this be another example of Adelaide's Retailers failing to provide the service you guys deserve, AGAIN.What kind of store is going to take $1k & let the product leave the store without line on it, let alone have the owner wondering what the reel is capable of.Poor service & a cash grab at best.Finatic

Interesting post & sorry to butt in, but could this be another example of Adelaide's Retailers failing to provide the service you guys deserve, AGAIN.What kind of store is going to take $1k & let the product leave the store without line on it, let alone have the owner wondering what the reel is capable of.Poor service & a cash grab at best.Finatic

Finatic.You may be jumping to conclusions as i can't find any reference to where Shark_Fisho's friend purchased his reel in his post.It may not have been purchased from an Adelaide Retailer that gave Poor Service and been a Cash Grab.Perhaps Shark_Fisho's friend was undecided what he wanted to put on his reel. He may have negotiated a good price for it without line....who knows.It could have been purchased Online or from Ebay or from anywhere like a lot of these top shelf items are. Maybe thats why his is now asking so many questions about the reel....again who knows.Spotter
  • 1 month later...

Welcome to the Global Financial crisis, a perfect example of the price rises currently being passed on to retailers & consumers alike.Mid year '08 we were selling Dogfights for $1000, now $1200 in fact the cheapest Australian site I've found is $1550. Most tackle, rods, reels, etc has already increased by some 20 - 40% since August. Not to speak for all, but as I see it most stores are not increasing prices until such time as stock is replaced so if you should see a range of rods for example & 1 or 2 are considerably more than the others, expect that they have been replaced recently.Thats 2009, build a bridge, we are no happier about it than you.Finatic