For the Ranger and Grumpy

Gidday again Ranger and Grumpytake 2 I finally recieved this the other day :icon_e_biggrin:I'm trying to post the photo of the cod ottolith for you guys :-[ but i still have trouble shrinking photos ( not for the lack of offers from fellow Strikehookers but my own stubborness ? )so here goes.I will probably cop some flack for previous photo but I make no oppologies. in fact for anyone who cares to know the story or the capture of this fish of a lifetime P/M me as you can see (I hope) this is a electron microscope photo of a slice thru the ottolith and you can clearly count the growth rings I caught the cod on 30lb finns braid and 50 lb berkley mono leader. cheers guys and have a good day sunday peelipeeli 13 size=779http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/PfWZ87Tu__cod_ear.jpg[/img]

jeez that was quick catchnun :oMate unfortunatly i cant make it on sunday instead i thought it a good idea to stay in B/H and pay for a new fridge freezer and stove :'( :'( but you have a good day wont u :icon_e_biggrin:The cod was a little tough with no fat given the drought conditions it was taken in but BBQ in butter cut into fairly thinpieces it was ok .never again this big though to much personal guilt :-[ smaller ones around 6-15lb are beautifull to eat real creamy when you fillet and trim all the fat out then i either coat with seasoned cornflour and fry in butter or grill plain fillets over charcole :icon_e_wink: :-* what photo of popeye? you will have to post it. Ive been meaning to call you but most nights i not in the office untill late.Cheers peelipeeli 13

Gidday again Ranger and Grumpytake 2 I finally recieved this the other day :icon_e_biggrin:I'm trying to post the photo of the cod ottolith for you guys :-[ but i still have trouble shrinking photos ( not for the lack of offers from fellow Strikehookers but my own stubborness ? )so here goes.

For photo and file size shrinking I use IrfanView - dead easy to use and free!!Have a peek at........ http://www.irfanview.net/
Gidday all this is a verson of one of my 1st posts to strikehook. with the help of Yobbo i have moved it here to go with my original post in this thread,It may go some way to explaining my fishing ethics today I have receintly been judged in different ways by my friends ,enemies,fellow fishers,and total strangers.I will presume before proceding here the reactions/replies i receive from this post will be along similar lines.[i make no apologies] I have fished inland rivers for goldern perch (callop) and murray cod all my life,(Lets not discuss goldern perch at this stage).I have seen many murray cod caught in many ways,most ways I now totally disagree with since reading/learning/watching and learning to be a caring fisherman,however as recently as last december 07 I am guilty of taking a truly magnificent murray cod 30kg/66Lb(see above) while luring holes in the very fast drying darling river.We had been lure fishing on and off about three months as when the darling river stops flowing it starts to clear enough for lures,This has only happened to my knowledge five or six times in about thirtyfive years where i fish ,having caught smaller cod on bait and some on lures in northern rivers (some were released) i often wondererd when asked "if i caught a large cod would i keep it?" I really did not know until this day.when i was fishing this particular weekend and the weeks leading up to same we were finding dead and dieing cod of all sizes in different waterholes over a seven or eight kilometer strech of river (two or three every other day. sadly)This is what influenced my decision.There is more to the story and photos but thats for another time . ragards peelipeeli11Mabee now its time.Weaver Darling river cod sth of Menindee.NSW. weight 30klgs ,66lb,1250mm,30lb finns braid to 50lb mono leader,loomis c644,shimano chronarch took 25mins L/B to land,(another 1/2 hour to get it to my car. Hence the bloodied tail)Unfortunatly my digital camera was out of action on the day so couldnt take this photo till about three hours after capture :(afishyfish as Yobbo says just left click on the photos and they should open cheers peelipeeli 13Here's a couple more to the story cheers all peelipeeli 13 [thumb][/thumb] [thumb][/thumb] size=694http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/AOAoR2jL__the_bunyip.jpg[/img] size=719http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/AvRwiN4B__the_dieing_Darling.jpg[/img]

giday biglizard mate the river was very sad at the time (dec last year) only had water in holes on the bigger bends thankfully its had some water down it since those photos were taken .when i caught that fish we had been watching large cod swimming in the shallows of 5 or6 holes and we could get to about 8ft of them and bounce lures off them but they wouldn't take them or even swim away ,Bloody Sad to see [thumb][/thumb] size=678http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/hmu4Uh82__bootingee_no_fish_hole.JPG[/img]