Thats a long piece of string there mate....

Be worth specifying what style of fishing you're considering or whereabouts youd be using it:

• Inshore/offshore
  • spin, overhead
  • lure, bait or a general purpose outfit
  • target species;snapper, whiting/snapper, snapper/shark ect

An idea of what your want to spend would be handy & what reel youre considering matching it with too.

Thats a long piece of string there mate....

Be worth specifying what style of fishing you're considering or whereabouts youd be using it:

• Inshore/offshore
  • spin, overhead
  • lure, bait or a general purpose outfit
  • target species;snapper, whiting/snapper, snapper/shark ect

An idea of what your want to spend would be handy & what reel youre considering matching it with too.

Spin Rod, the reel would come after unless I determined afterwards to use something I already have, use off of jetty, bait fishing. It would be planned to be used for snapper, anything else is just a bonus, not sharks they do not interest me at all. I am open to convincing on the money, I do have a rough idea but that could be changed.

Are you metro?

In Adelaide most of the landbased snapper spots require a long cast, so a rod 10 to 12 foot is useful. Most surf rods that can cast 3oz to 4oz will do the job. Graphite is nicer but more prone to breakage.

I use seajiggers as well as rebuilt Mojiko Surf cannons.

Im using a Penn Prevail 12' 8-12kg 2pc, running 30lb braid on a Penn 560L. Rod was 'round $170 i think?

Sounds a little heavy? Yep but landbased fishing into the reefy snapper spots require you to drag em up farily quickly plus need the 3-4oz lead to hold bottom.

Also double as a salmon bait rod.

Much more fun on a 2-3kg rod & 6lb braid but not realistic off for most landbased & jetty fishing!