Selling bait

Does anyone know what's involved in being able to sell bait? I work on a prawn boat, and have access to really top quality small prawns and calamari which I can buy for wholesale price, and don't dip my bait in the preservative we dip all the prawns in (which fish really don't like) I'm just wondering if there is a license I need, and if so, is it the same license to catch and sell blood, beach and tube worms? And if it's legal to sell bait, how many people would be interested in buying undipped 8-22g prawns and under 10cm calamari for bait in metro area @ $18 a kg for both in 1kg packs? Snap frozen at -45 degrees?

Still unclear, we are apparently legally allowed to sell to who we want my boss says. As long as we declare the tax.

Will have to write a letter to them though to enquire about sales away from processing area for bait. I think if it's labelled "not fit for human consumption" it falls under a different clause and license. But I might be Able to sell directly from the cold store which holds our product we sell back in adelaide. Technically the boat is selling it. I'm just marketing the product and being paid accordingly for my work.

And the boat can sell to anyone already.

Got to admit, decent prawns are hard to find at most bait and tackle stores.

Supermarket prawns are much firmer and usually haven't been frozen 3-4 times, and they smell a 5hitload better too.

If you can get things sussed, then are legally able to supply a 3-5kg lots of fresh prawns, I will definitely be interested.

Just send me a PM when its sorted.

Big bream love a fresh prawn.