Squidgy Bugs

Just thought id post this to see if anyone can help me out. ;) ;)After loosing my last Squidgy Bug (avocado colour) to a decent reddy the other day, .hissy.iam after some more avocado colour ones.They are no longer made in this colour,so iam offering to buy some if anyone has any in their tackle bag and are willing to part with them. ;D Also if anyone sees some old stock of this colour in a tacklestore please pm me. Thanking you all in advance Scorpion. :) :)

G"day scorps,I did a reddy post last week,and I sung the praise of the avocado,I have 2 tails left,and would myself like to get my mits on some.As Lazzy says they have wasabi,but it isnt the same,to me it looks more unatural,put it in the sun and the tail is a fluro type ,they should of left the tail part the same colour as the rest of the body.Cant work out why they would go to lengths to make a wizz bang natural body,then spoil it by making the tail some fluro type number.Great for reddys ,but if you have a wary trout or bream, the original avo was way better imo than the newer wasabi.Cheers :icon_cool:Posted Image

• 1 month later...
Guest big lizard

haha i have soome left but in no way will i part with them, i just found some gooduns though ya might wanna check these out mate.... Gulp 3 inch minnows in peppered prawn mmmm would no doubt kill reddies..

Not a single one of my dozen or so kilo plus Reddy's have ever complained about the Wasabi's boys :fishing:Then again you would have been introduced to the earlier style of Bugs, fished them a lot and caught a lot on them :fishing:I have always maintained that if it's in the water then you'll catch fish with it :P :PLot of psychology and superstition in our chosen sport IMHO.Cheers, tonyb.PS what did you catch that 1.45 kg Reddy on again Scorp.???PPS Very interesting also that the Squidgy Bug was purpose designed as a SURFACE lure for Bream over Oyster leases! (Check out Squidgy Secrets 5 for confirmation of this :fishing:)

Yeah we know Tony,in all honesty there isnt a lot of difference.But you know what we are like,if you cant get it any more we all want it .And if we do manage to get it we dont wanna use it because .....errr.....you cant get it and we dont wanna lose it!LOL :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Actually Tony , that 1.45kg reddy wasn't caught on a Squidgy Bug. :icon_e_surprised:

Nor was it caught on an Avocado ::), nor was the Aussie rules football sized Reddy from Inchequin all those years ago ::) ::) Nor were those thumpers from up North :P:P ::)The two biggest Reddys you've caught and some speccy others :o. I rest my case and await the jury's return of verdict :icon_e_ugeek:Cheers mate, Tony.
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks to Pretz43 iam now a proud owner of a packet of Avocado Bugs ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.Was tipped off by Pretz43 today of there availabilty at a tackle shop.Made a dash there this afternoon and purchased the last packet :icon_e_wink: ;DI can feel a reddy trip being planned. :fishing: :icon_e_biggrin:A big thankyou to Pretz43 for the tip off. :angel:Its taken approx 9 weeks but i have fullfilled my goal ! ::) ;D ;D

Don't worry about the Bugs Tim,Reddy's are not that fussy.Any well presented lure be it an SP or HB will catch a Reddy as long as it is in the water (and attached to your favourite fishing rod)and not in the tackle box :fishing: :fishing: :fishing:A little "birdy" told me Scorps is terrified to use his new Avocados for fear of losing one ::) ::) ::) All in the mind ::) ::) ::)Cheers, Tony.