best lures for shore fishing

hoping to try some lure fishing in january up at Ardrossan but wouldnt have a clue where to start. I'll be targeting snook, salmon and whatever else they catch up there, mainly off the jetty. Could someone recomend me a few good lures to start off with, I've had a look through the threads here but theres so many different lures! any suggestions would be great, SP or HP, thanks. :)would this one be the best for snook? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280278940515

Yes, they are great lures YA.I sugest you pop into one of our site sponsors stores, and they will be happy to give you the good oil on whats hot and whats not.Dont forget, you get 10% off with your strikehook members card.pffft, they will all look after you anyway. ;)

thanks yobbo, i'll grab a couple of those then, was planning on heading into salisbury tackle world as thats the closest to me.. so where do i get one of those cards, lol? ;):fishing:

I've found salmon like white and snook like blue!Don't spend a lot on lures for these species, as they tend to hit pretty muck anything moving through the water, and the snook can make an awful mess of ya lures.I actually troll the metal Laser lures for snook, and ya can pick them up for under $5 at most tacklestores.

thanks for the tip ranger, yeh looks like those teeth can do some damage, lol.. i'll get a couple of the yo zuri minnows for now but I'll make sure to stock up on the cheap metal ones for more regular use.. :)are they the same as the ones they stock in kmart? their about 3 inches and have a holographic pattern on each side?