Fluro is ok to use with plastics or hards but dont go cheap, better quality jap fluros  they will cost more than braid.

the other benifit of fluro is you can fish it straight thru.

also make sure that line roller on the reel is in good nick & rolls freely.

thanks im also getting sick of tying leaders lol

I do rate sunline aswell!

Value for money, and beats especualy for diameter!

As thin or thinner than the most expensive brands out there from what I've had to compare it to.

I've heard it lacks on abrasion resistance... Hard for me to comment on that since I only used it for Y.F.W and carp... Keeps its strength for a good amount of time too after breaking off. I've been quite happy with this, though only had 1 snag so far, but got a lot of bream with very pointy teeth, and never had a scuff all day.

image.jpg

Suppose you need to look at the stretch factor for what rod type you have...

I don't pay enough attention to that mysef! I've found that helps if you have a stiffer rod, it's better to have some stretch (not as much as mono with longish leaders.

But softer rods, I like very low stretch, as it helps for hook setting power when you can't get tight enough to get a good strike in with those ones that catch you sleeping😄

That improved vanish 3lb definately let me down most of the time on my stiffer rod on carp barbs!

And in 4lb... But good on the soft rod in 3lb.

Awesome in every other way though! Didn't need to change it much after a lot of medium, 50-60cm carp. Not much discolouration after busting it in snags still good strength ater at least 4-5 of them, I'd say.

That can be big problem when fishing 2lb like I'm guessing you're Gona