Breeding Gents

I reckon you may letting the flies lay too many eggs on the meat and its getting overcrowded.I don,t breed them anymore though as i only use about 1 tub a session and its not worth the trouble of breeding them,but if your groundbaiting and fishing a few times a week i can see how it can become worth breeding your own. cheers brenton

• 3 weeks later...

I dont think me breeding a few maggots for myself is going to trouble or send the biggest maggot breeders in australia into bankruptcy

Maybe not, but it might be nice to support the guy who provides this forum for you!

we had an old bloke at work, who used to put on gloves and search through the dog shit in his back yard for maggots.

That was his HOBBY! :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:When it comes to stinking fly bait, flies and maggots in my backyard, I aint gonna go to the trouble of breeding my own.Really, I dont know how many gents the rest of ya's go through, but for the amount I use, at $3.50-4.00 per tub I wouldn't do anything other than buy them. They last in the fridge if ya dont use them all and now there's also the option of "longlife" gents.Dear Mr Sheldon, I aint gonna trouble you or send you into bankruptcy either! You can gladly have MY money, and please keep the stinking things in YOUR backyard until I need them!Luv Ranger :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: