Onk bridge fishing

G'day MorningFresh.First suggestion mate grab a pair of Polariod sunnies and have a sticky around the pylons there are mobs of fish around em (Small amounts of berley often will help). I us a size 8 - 6 suicide hooks single or snelled for Bream or size 8 Mustad fine worm hooks for whiting. I use a very basic running sinker rig with the least amount of lead needed to hold bottom. I have even dropped right down to a small single split shot on somedays. Bait Beachworms are my fav at the mo as everthing from Schoolies to whiting eat em. I also use Mullet mix, Whitebait and salted pilly pieces. Hope this helps and if I've missed anything Waterboy should be able to assist further. Cheers :fishing:

Another thing I've seen at the footbridge is one of the regular locals using a small peice of red meat with a float for Gar :P :PAlso, sometimes, when conditions are right, in the evening/dusk, the shallows "boil" with Soapies chasing Mullet and ST's :fishing:Also, before daybreak jaunts for mullet, (off Southport beach),when crossing the Footbridge, I've seen Mulleys scattering the bait fish by the Solar panel lights at the Lifesaving Club end of the bridge :P 8)Cheers, tonyb.Cheers, tonyb.