Reading another thread about eaglies got me thinking about this, what are the safety precations you can take to avoid being hit by a ray you've caught. The other thread mentioned standing in the right spot to avoid the tail/barb, could someone explain how to do this? Also, when it comes to wading, I've read that shuffling your feet as you move through the water will help keep you from stepping on a ray and getting barbed, has anyone used this method, does it work? Has anyone tried the ray-guard wading boots? Any help is greatly appreciated guys, I've never caught rays before, don't really have them in the part of the US I'm from, just skates which don't have barbs. Thanks.

normally rays will thrash around a bit when you first bring em into shore or the boat but then behave after a minute.their barbs arn't too dangerous unless you dont use common sense and put your feet or hands in the wrong place but as mentioned eaglies have short tails and small barbs so they arn't too dangerous.i dont care if they had 10 barbs id still catch em! ;D ;D ;D

hey mate. the eaglies only have one barb which is at the start of there tail not at the end so after you catch a few you become confident and they are very easy to handle! smoothies tho hav two barbs which are near the end of there tail and are alot more dangerous if you try to get a pic next to one of them or get your hooks back! ther is a red circle around the eagle rays barb in the pic mate ;) size=2048http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/7xlNFyuD__port_river_eagle_ray.JPG[/img]

Hey man, if you are holding an eagle ray like brooksey is in that pic,you should be all good because the way the barb is facing is towards the person who is taking the picture!Picture the eagle sitting on the sand in that position. They dont swim upside down and there barb only can only raise on a slight sloap..thanx lloyd