lucanus jigs

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've never targeted snapper before but I saw these recently in Wildcoast. They look the part but what sizes are best for snapper? My mate has recently started chasing them and i'm keen to give them a go. Just a pity about the price tag...But if anyone can let me know of a more productive size and/or colour I would greatly appreciate it.Cheers Tom

• 1 month later...

they are awsom i used them for 2 days on a charter and easily outfished the bait boys and i mean easily i was fishing in around the 70 metres of water and found them sensational.the only problem i found was with the nanasguys with there soft jaw i was losing a few on the way up but when your landing one every five mins who cares the barracoota love em to .hissy. .hissy. losr three hooks to the toothy critters but great fun on a lite rod.also cought some blue morwong-swallow tail-and a whole other variety of pests and didnt have to touch a bait all day..i used a few diff coulors but found the orange to work the best it was overcast and deeeeep i was using the 125gram version as i stated it was deep but had no problems getting them down and only lost 1 for 2 days and countless fish...did i mention i like them :icon_eek: try em you will to