WORMS WORMS WORMS

Finally cracked it worked out how to catch bloomin beach worms. After my first attempt a fortnight ago (2 worms in 3 hours)thought I'd have another crack at em.Mrs 1fish and I hit a local southern beach worms everywhere. Needless to say after a few missed worms worked out how to grab the buggers properly ended up with a dozen nice fat worms in a bit over an hour. ;D ;D ;D All ready for a yellowfin flick early tommorrow. Can't wait ;D ;D :fishing:

Good work mate, me, I just reconciled myself to buying the buggas ::)Tried every known method, worm pliers just snapped them, long nosed pliers same and they rust big time, got a hot tip from a mate to wrap your finger bait in a peice of ladies nylon stocking so as the little buggas lock their nipper jaws into the fine mesh, still no goGotta be the most frustrating things to catch EVER .hissy. .hissy.Gotta be the apex bait as well next to chicken breast ;) :fishing:Cheers, tonyb.

Well hit the beach nice and early not a bloomn whiting to be seen. Ended up at sullies boat ramp. Got one Squidly and a heap of undersize bream still good fun. I was using a nylon stocking with half a tommie in it and just grabing em with my fingers. Found that a very fine coating of sand on your fingers helped grip them snd sa slight roll of the rest to draw them up a bit. Hard to discibe theres a bit of a knack to it. ;D :fishing:

• 3 months later...
1fish and others The best Bream and Whiting bait of all time,Mate if I can catch beach worms then anybody can,The way i was shown was,when the worm comes up to your hand bait it will arch its back ( as its mouth is underneath) to bite onto bait,thats when you move in with your other hand,dont make a grab for it (you will miss )justbring your index finger (at the first joint) and thumb together as if you are squeezing something.As you said a bit of sand on your fingers helps heaps to hold onto worm.Now the important bit for Tonyb.Dont try to pull them straight out of the sand just hang on till they relax then ease them out a bit at a time.Hope this helps cheers peelipeeli 14PS :icon_idea: to keep them alive keep them in COOL DRY sand and change the COOL DRY sand about every 6hours .this would keep them for 2 days in summermonths. :icon_e_wink:

Hi tony i reckon your mate was onto something with the stocking as it give you a little more time to grab the little buggers.....but they can tear through pretty easily.I have never tried this method but i have some of that kevlar like material put aside that they use for slings etc still an open enough weave to let the smell get out of the hand bait but impossible to tear.I,m going to give that a go next time because last time it was 3 worms in 4hrs.. cheers brenton