Flat head lures

just chasing some info on wat you blokes use when chasing flathead either of the beach or by boat as a few of you know im heading to wedge island shortly and need to stock up on a variety of lures-plastics for chasing all sorts but this is the one fish i plan to target the most.cheers for any advise given.

Don't be too selective with flathead.All ya really need to do is make sure you get the lure down and bouncing along the bottom. If it's moving and lifting little puffs of sand the flatties will nail it!I'd be trying something along the lines of 80mm Squidgy Wrigglers or fish with a fairly heavy jighead and hook size 1/0-3/0

its just an excuse to stock up on lures

Oh I'm sorry! Silly of me not to have realised!In which case Flathead are gonna require some real investment!You will need lures of all shapes, sizes and colours, ranging from the dainty lil 30mm minnows through to the 150mm trolling lures and jigs.DO NOT skimp on selection, as lures now come in all shapes and sizes. There are frog and lizard immitations, octopus and squid lookalikes, feathered, beaded and metallic decorated. Natural and brightly coloured. Heavy and light. Floating, sinking and suspending. Hard and soft. Rattling and quiet.JUST REMEMBER! The one you don't buy, could well be the most productive of the lot! Now get out and shopping before someone else buys all the good ones! ;D

LOL the flatties at wedge will just about eat anything when we were there last year me and my cuzin were to busy catching salmon coz theer was so many of them ;D but one of our mates decided to walk along the beach and pulled some nice fish on squidgey 110mm flick baits and 100mm squidgey fish fished on light jig heads.Good luck at wedge hope you get some good weather.. :fishing:Cheers TD

luke you sure shall mate il even work out how to post them just for the occasion ;) and ranger me thinks me likes the way you thinks popped in to c 1onmepillie today got your dvd and had bit of a chat (oh yea and grabbed some jig heads the collection is growing) and jeewah cheers buddy i hope the weather is spot on to especially the days we head to neptunes chasing the ttuunnaa ;D

just chasing some info on wat you blokes use when chasing flathead either of the beach or by boat as a few of you know im heading to wedge island shortly and need to stock up on a variety of lures-plastics for chasing all sorts but this is the one fish i plan to target the most.cheers for any advise given.

Firstly, Id like to hear you say that in one breath. LOLSecondly, when you heading over? I will be over there on the 9th.

sorry yobbo didnt know i was back in school,I shall improve my punctuation for you kind sir.I arrive on wedge island on the fourth of may, shall remain on the island for a period of five days,in wich time one shall be experiencing the delights of the island fishing scene for three days,and the charter boat for two.one would hope that the week would be a productive one as one plans to make this a yearly event, ;) ;D

sorry yobbo didnt know i was back in school,I shall improve my punctuation for you kind sir.I arrive on wedge island on the fourth of may, shall remain on the island for a period of five days,in wich time one shall be experiencing the delights of the island fishing scene for three days,and the charter boat for two.one would hope that the week would be a productive one as one plans to make this a yearly event, ;) ;D

LOL you clown! Pitty, we coulda cought up.
  • 3 weeks later...