My homemade lure

I was bored the other day so I started to open up my homemade lure box and made this popper. It seems to work ok in my back pond. It bloops well. I started to make some homemade HB's last winter as well. Never caught anything on them yet but I want to try some on the Bream.Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

looks greatis it made of wood or foami recon you could coat with epoxy to make waterproof then your shiny stuff on top .just an idea ??I would not mind giving that a go i have made metal lures but theres not that much skill to them,keep it upit would be great to see a photo with that hanging out of a fish

It is made of a light wood. I think it is Meranti. I add a very small split shot in the belly as ballast just to help with casting weight and to enable it to sit upright. I have seen some homemade lures on another site and this guy uses an airbrush to finish them off. They look very professional. This is the area that I would most like to improve on. Hope to see some of your lures soon pwilly ;)

• 4 weeks later...

very nice lure. you could coat it with a clear coat from a spray can in either gloss or satin and that should seal it and also give it a glossy appearance or you could use a polyurethane gloss which is very think in comparison to a estapol and its very durable... i mean they put it on floor boards so its good sh*t. just a thoughtmichael