Best tide times to fish

Hi,When we have been fishing in the boat we seem to have quiet mornings (we go after school run) then just before we leave, to come back early arvo (for return school run) the fish seem to come on.I was wondering if the change to incoming tide is more productive than outgoing? Or maybe just a coincidence.Colin

Guest undertaker

I tend to think that any turn of the tide is a good time to fish.You can catch fish at vitually "anytime",you just need to be a bit selective about where and what species you target......these "answers" all come with time and effort put in. ;)

I fish all stages of the tide and still get good results, the trick is to find where the fish are at on certain stages of the tide, for example my favourite mulloway spot in the port is crap on the high and the low produces fish as they are congreated in a certain area as they hang around to eat the baitfish holed up. Another example is a couple of favourite drummer spots, one seems to produce only on low tide as they spread out once the tide is high, and the other is only fishable on the low as then the rock I stand on gets covered. High tide is good for all fish if you can find where they are feeding and can provide suitable depths for predators.