Good season starter with the Mepps Aglia-e Brite.

Well the 2022/23 trout season has finally arrived and I managed to get my first trip of the season done. High water levels due to recent heavy rains delayed my start, the river level finally dropped enough for me to have a three hour spin session. The Mepps Aglia-e Brite inline spinner did the job on the trout this trip, more rain today which is going to bring the river levels up again. Thanks for watching..

cheers

Adrian (meppstas)

Thanks doobie, it was a good start for a change, it was freezing cold that day too.. There's certainly a lot of damage through this area when we had a massive storm a few weeks ago with winds up to 185 kph, 100's of large gums when knocked over & they're still cleaning up here.

cheers

Adrian

They are strong winds for sure.

When looking on windy.com at times, many strong/gale force winds that head towards SA/Vic change direction and head down your way.  Some look as if they would wipe out Tassie :( 

Hopefully not too many (extra) fallen trees in the rivers as they will make life even harder for your fishing.

One of the private properties that I have permission to enter and fish a small stream had a lot of damage done to it with fallen trees. The owner actually said to me the other day that I'll certainly earn every trout I catch in it this season due to the number of tree that have come down across the stream. That little stream is tough at the best of times so I'm really interested to see what I'm in for once the weather subsides and the water levels get to a safe wading height. The photo below is from March this year, that log jam was hard enough to get over. Most times I can't go around them due to high river banks, thick foliage that's full of blackberry bushed.. It's going to be interesting once I'm there that's for sure, just another challenge with the trout fishing doobie..😄🙂

cheers

Adrian

604868951_MinnowRiver.1448(Large).JPG.f9447d692a571f194dab515efa5754e1.JPG