The Yellowfin whiting guys rate it. One theory is that a Mantis Shrimp punch cause cavitations in the water that emit light that the fish can hone in on. 

Gulf St Vincent whiting with David Hall | Australian Lure Fishing (doclures.com)

Alot of lures are UV reflective these days. Even some brands of mono and leader glow really brightly under UV light.

I don't use UV spray but I like UV reflective lures in overcast conditions and dirty water for snook. 

4 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

The Yellowfin whiting guys rate it. One theory is that a Mantis Shrimp punch cause cavitations in the water that emit light that the fish can hone in on. 

Gulf St Vincent whiting with David Hall | Australian Lure Fishing (doclures.com)

Alot of lures are UV reflective these days. Even some brands of mono and leader glow really brightly under UV light.

I don't use UV spray but I like UV reflective lures in overcast conditions and dirty water for snook. 

Thanks Kelvin 

Yes the sprays work. As it gets overcast I do spray it on my regular lures to add that UV attraction to them. However the spray are lacquer based and have an un attractive smell. the Lacquer spray dries fast and then I do cover it with S Factor or similar. 

I think S factor works better with the slower moving lures.

I covered it in this previous post;

An extract from that post:

" ADDED ATTRACTANTS"

"UV sprays have proved to be effective on overcast days. It has brought a quiet session to life for me.

No worries if you don’t have UV lures on you. A Spray on UV coating can convert your standard lure to a UV lure.

Scents? … I think they work? At least they have not put any fish off! I have used them without any definitive results.

It probably is more effective with a slower moving and pausing lure when Bream and Flathead fishing.

Those fish get more of a chance to have a sniff of the lure. I have noticed better results when using slow retrieved blades with added S Factor scent.

Scents have less impact with the faster, continuous moving surface lures for YFW. Yet I continue to use it now and again. No harm."

Worth experimenting with.

An interesting article on UV and fluorescence 

https://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2003/11/17/990551.htm