Savage reels

1 hour ago, Kelvin said:

BCF stock them. I've only had a play instore and a look online.

Similar to the low end Daiwa and Shimano. Solidly built but heavy. As entry level gear it will be fine. For high end ultralight lure fishing they might be abit heavy

Thanks Kelvin was wondering I had issues with the last 2 Daiwa reels I’d bought tackleworld said it was Cheaper to buy a new reel so I did . Just saw these and wondered what they were like .

Reel servicing is getting expensive. Daiwa is currently $40 a service for standard reels and $70 for high end. They usually drop in new bearings at the first sign of wear at $10+ a bearing.

I've paid over $100 a service each reel for my fancy reels.

Recently I've been dabbling in the cheaper end of the market, especially for wading and kayak fishing. I've got 5+ years out of a pair of Kast King Sharky reels. They are not as smooth as Shimano or Daiwa but they have survived the saltwater and are still reasonably smooth.

Ali Express also has some bargains and I'm sure the same factories make the Savage Gear Reels.

BEARKING Brand LT series Stainless steel bearing 5.5:1 Fishing Reel Drag System 15Kg Max Power Spinning Wheel Fishing Coil - AliExpress

I'm pretty happy with these for $30 a reel. They feel as good as my low end Shimano and Daiwa reels for less than the cost of a service. They are solid, just a touch on the heavy side.

1 hour ago, Kelvin said:

Reel servicing is getting expensive. Daiwa is currently $40 a service for standard reels and $70 for high end. They usually drop in new bearings at the first sign of wear at $10+ a bearing.

I've paid over $100 a service each reel for my fancy reels.

Recently I've been dabbling in the cheaper end of the market, especially for wading and kayak fishing. I've got 5+ years out of a pair of Kast King Sharky reels. They are not as smooth as Shimano or Daiwa but they have survived the saltwater and are still reasonably smooth.

Ali Express also has some bargains and I'm sure the same factories make the Savage Gear Reels.

BEARKING Brand LT series Stainless steel bearing 5.5:1 Fishing Reel Drag System 15Kg Max Power Spinning Wheel Fishing Coil - AliExpress

I'm pretty happy with these for $30 a reel. They feel as good as my low end Shimano and Daiwa reels for less than the cost of a service. They are solid, just a touch on the heavy side.

Yeah tackle world worker said it was to costly one reel needed the bail arm fixed the other one I’d never liked the bearing ( I think they said it was ) was crooked that reel was the dearest and I couldn’t cast far with it . Thanks for the info