Can any one tell me if the leaders you use when you use soft plastics is the same as monofiloment line.I went to the shop to buy some but only saw rolls called monofilomont,it's the same thing right.What pound line do i buy also for west lakes and whats the best brand.Is Jarvis Walker brand ok its on special at k-mart.Hope somebody can help thanks Marc.

if your talking about quality leaders, then its fluorocarbon. mono is just regular line. and i dont think jarvis walker is much good for anything..but thats my oppinion.at the moment im just using berkley vanish...seemed like value for money at the time about $20 - $30 i think

Hey Weedie,Mike is right what you need is a Flourocarbon which is almost invisible under water.There are a few different ones on the market depending on what your targeting ;)There is Vanish like mike said also daiwa TDR competition, Black magic, Platypus Stealth, plus many moreThe aim with lure/placcy's is to fool the fish which is why you should use a line which is almost invisible in the water.Cheers Adam

And make sure you don't just buy flourocarbon! Make sure it's Flourocarbon LEADER!More expensive, and ya get less on a roll, but it's tougher, and the leader is gonna cop a hiding rubbing up against rocks, barnacles, etc.Weedie, nip into ya tacklestore and grab a copy of the Berkley Soft Ploastics DVD with Adam Royter. It explains EVERYTHING to ya: rods, reels, lines, leaders, knots, jigheads, plastics, techniques, etc, etc. It'll really open ya eyes and answer hundreds of questions you may have.

Hi Marc I,m using he surecatch 6lb fluorcarbon in the lake and i reckon its better than Vanish,i find the vanish a bit brittle in the knot department but thats just me plenty of others use it without a problem but i;ve lost a few good fish on it so never again for me. cheers brenton

MarcI use the same leader as brenton and have had some ripper fights on it. I have even had a cheeky salmon trout try to snap me off on some barnacles on a pylon it was cut up and had abrasion marks on the leader but it didnt break. Great stuff and its cheaper than most. I got 50m for like $9