Might be just myself I have 2 reels spooled with J braid . Reel 1 shimano 1000 Reel 2 Okuma 30. Now I’ve been told the shimano reel is due to it being a 1000 size . I have an ancient Sienna 1000  braid no issue it was cheap stuff from the tackle shop . The Okuma 30 is larger than a 1000 smaller than a 2500 . Today I had to cut metres of jbraid off and then it was fine. 

So is it idiot me or is this a jbraid issue 

You didn't say what the actual problem was but if removing a little line fixed it you may just have been overspooled?

There could be any number of reasons for having issues.

Regardless jbraid is good line so I wouldn't have thought that the brand is your problem.

1 hour ago, Wert said:

You didn't say what the actual problem was but if removing a little line fixed it you may just have been overspooled?

There could be any number of reasons for having issues.

Regardless jbraid is good line so I wouldn't have thought that the brand is your problem.

Ok both reeks were spooled at 2 different tackle shops . The 1000 just keeps on getting large loops I’ve given up on it . Almost every cast loop that turns into knot around the top of the spool . Last time couldn’t untangle it . The Okuma reel it gets loops going around the top of the spool . Yesterday they did but also giant loop that got a knot and three ends connected to the knot . I had to snap the line or it snapped when I tried to untangle it . So I had then 3 ends somehow I got 2 of the sections off retied the leader to the spool and it was fine lost somewhere between 2 to 3 metres . The shimano reel I’ve given up on every time I cast it giant loop . Loops go around the top of the spool on to the drag knob or under the spool on the shaft . Hope that makes sense I’ve been told it’s the size of the 1000 spool not sure about the 30 it’s bigger than the 1000

On 17/02/2024 at 1:22 AM, Mickyj said:

Ok both reeks were spooled at 2 different tackle shops . The 1000 just keeps on getting large loops I’ve given up on it . Almost every cast loop that turns into knot around the top of the spool . Last time couldn’t untangle it . The Okuma reel it gets loops going around the top of the spool . Yesterday they did but also giant loop that got a knot and three ends connected to the knot . I had to snap the line or it snapped when I tried to untangle it . So I had then 3 ends somehow I got 2 of the sections off retied the leader to the spool and it was fine lost somewhere between 2 to 3 metres . The shimano reel I’ve given up on every time I cast it giant loop . Loops go around the top of the spool on to the drag knob or under the spool on the shaft . Hope that makes sense I’ve been told it’s the size of the 1000 spool not sure about the 30 it’s bigger than the 1000

Difficult to say for sure but those loops sound like your line is too loose on the spool, this happens when fishing light lures and baits, try putting tension on the line every few casts and just be wary of any obvious loose loops before casting, hopefully that helps.

13 minutes ago, Wert said:

Difficult to say for sure but those loops sound like your line is too loose on the spool, this happens when fishing light lures and baits, try putting tension on the line every few casts and just be wary of any obvious loose loops before casting, hopefully that helps.

Happens with 4 gram or 5 gram lures as well . I tend to notice the single loop when casting the  multiple loops that tied up on the leader knot the drag knob and on the reel shaft was a shock but has happened on this Okuma reel and the shimano reel both with Jbraid I have an ancient sienna 1000 wiyh  cheap braid not a loop never an issue . And I hate in the tackle shop being told it’s due to it being a 1000 reel when it only happens to Jbraid not the cheap stuff ! And the Okuma reel is a 30 larger than a 1000 smaller than a 2500 reel . now casting perfectly 

If you don't  already do this, this might help.

After casting, close your bail manually & not click it over by winding the handle as this will sometimes give you a loose loop of line, put a bit of tension on the line when you first start winding until you have taken up the slack line & have the weight of the lure.

12 minutes ago, Yorky said:

If you don't  already do this, this might help.

After casting, close your bail manually & not click it over by winding the handle as this will sometimes give you a loose loop of line, put a bit of tension on the line when you first start winding until you have taken up the slack line & have the weight of the lure.

Thanks been doing it manually for years. It just seems to be with the 2 reels with J braid as I said I have an ancient 1000 sienna cheap braid no issue . Just the jbraid on 2 different size and brands of reels 

Ok tried the shimano nasci this morning way to windy but another problem again surfaced cast line and lure stops short took me awhile to pull line out and get a ok cast . I could’ve changed the lure but weather was against me .I'm almost  over this braid see if it improves with a heavier lure otherwise I may strip it and get a different braid on the reel