A day out with the big fella

I went out for a spot of fishing with a friend (he is the big fella, because I have to look up to him) :ohmy: Launched early from St Kilda, headed out past the bastard pole, looking for some squid. He had said if he went home with squid he would score some points with his missus. ;) Drift 1 = zipMoved when my mate spotted a long unmarked rope floating, Glad I didn't get it wrapped around a prop. He pulled it in and found a large crab net, with a crab still in it :) Drift 2 = zipDrift 3 = zipanchored for a bit where I got a puffer (how odd) :P and a small flat headthe wind was picking up so I made the call to head in closer near the outer break wall.Just anchored up when another bloke comes and anchors about 3-4m off my bow. I looked at him and said in a load voice "Hey mate if you tried a bit F%^$$# harder you could get a bit closer" he pulled his pick and moved a bit further away :laugh::laugh: We didn't stay long when we pulled the pick to head inside the break wall, when the big fella pulled the pick. Up comes another anchor, chain and old rope with it. :) Tried for some ST, Mate landed 1 but was on the small size, then no more. :angry: We then found a new fender floating with the price tag still attached. $29.95 :) tried a few more spots but all to no avail. :( So all in all a good day on the water with plenty of laughs but no fish to speak off, nor squid. :dry: When we got back to my place, I shot inside and grabbed some squid out the freezer for him to take home, cos I wanted him to be on a winner ;);):lol: Geez the things you do for mates. lol

bocky wrote:

If i need to refit my boat i ll have to start coming out with you blokes. A new crab net a new anchor and a new fender. Thats better than a bag of squid anyway. What bait were you using to catch the anchor i could do with another one.

to catch an anchor we used a newer anchor :laugh::laugh: