if you want to see good flyfishing video, 'the source' has just been released and its great all tassie trout but very good, 'drift' is also great from bonefish to trout one of the best, and for some unbelievable trout footage 'once in a blue moon' is hot on the shelves now ,it based on the last mouse plague in nz and has the best underwater footage youl ever see

• 4 months later...

Have a look at "once in a blue moon".Its about mouse feeders on the south Island of NZ.I make an annual trip to NZ (did 4 months last year long service leave)and have tried much of what both islands have to offer,from spawn run on the Tongariro to match the hatch on the Matuara or sea runners of South Island west coast and even spring creek stalking for massive selective browns.I still haven't been there for the mouse plague that coincides with the beach tree mast(flowering).After watching this I can't wait to get back hopefully during the mouse plague.

Also have a look at the series NZ trophy trout.I think theyre up to about no 6 .These guys get into some amazing back country fly fishing on the south island.They work hard for it hiking long distances and occasionally utilize a helicopter.But geez they catch some good fish.Destination trout (nz) is not bad and quite informative for first time visitors.Highland Gold 1 and 2 (tassie) is very informative for first time Tassie visitors.But why bother its not much further or dearer to go to NZ which is paradise.

Rollcast this could be your year re, mouse plague! all reports coming in are looking like its gonna happen again. oh ,i have had my trip to new england and it was awesome, on the first full day , beetween twenty and twenty five fish caught all rainbows and all on geehi beetles, and that was the morning session! next day i had five browns come to hand one being a touch over three pounds, less than 100mts from our campsite, in waters and runs that i was getting rainbows in the previous day.

Hi Chris,Well doe at new England!!I must get up there one day.Its been pretty slow down here.The big dam(you know where I mean )is not fishing that well.The fish are big but not enough of them.I have been chasing other species such as snook and Ye llowfin whiting just to keep myself occupied.They say the Beach tree mast that causes the mouse plague happens approx every seven years and must coincide with a warm winter.One day Ill strike it.Read some good stuff by Morsey a while ago about fishing deer hair mouse patterns in a lake somewhere deep south on the South Island out of his float tube.I joined TALTAC which is the "tomgariro and lake taupo angling association" so now I have cheap accomadation at there lodge in Turangi next time I visit Turangi.Cheers Mate