I take it you're referring to bloodworms?In which case, worms dont float IN! They float out, and it's not just August. It happens in June, July and/or August.These worms live amongst the mangroves, and this is an integral part of their lifecycle.They live just long enough to breed, then they float off to die and be eaten by all the lil fishies.Maybe that's why we dont have bag limits on them, coz they're all gonna die anyways, even if they do have little worm smiles on their little worm faces!

carps wrote:

im just wondering if anyone can explain why the worms all float in in august

Coz they can ;) :silly: @ fully. any fine meshed dab net will do theh trick. Best from a boat, but if you can find a spot that the wind is blowing towards, they'll often clump up against the shore line ;)Below is a catch Waterboy and I got in brass monkey weather :dry:

FSW, yes when they are running full on you can scoop them up along the shoreline and local marinas/boat ramps.You'll have much more success in a boat though!Beware, they do bite if ya give em a chance too! They've got some nasty lil pincers around the front opening!

Dr Worm fans should like tge song on this link ;)http://www.twinkleland.com/gallery_drworm.htmlSandyWhiting wrote:

Crikeys, that's some serious worms Posted Image

You talking about the ones in the Esky or the big one in the Beanie ? :P:blink::unsure: I reckon we got around 1 to 1 and 1/2 Thou that night :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: I lost count of how many times I had to grab Waterboy in case he went in the drink :dry: :laugh::laugh: :laugh:From memory its the 3rd night after the new moon in August, but not sure now :unsure: :cheer: :) The shot below should give a clearer picture of the little nippers Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

bloodworms_in_esky.jpg

gidday allNot knowing any thing about these worms as im from the bush i have a question, What do you do with so many worms if they are going to die,? You could only use so many for bait/burlie before the rest go off ? Can or do you freeze them ? or can you keep them in brine ? It seems to me there could possibly be a lot of waste ???? :unsure: Cheers peelipeeli14 :huh: