squidgy wrigglers in the onka

hi all not been on in a while due to my laptop breakin just wondered if any one uses them in the onk ive got about 8 different colours in them and only caught 1 bream on them so looking to catch some on a constant bases i can catch them on any other sp but not on the wrigglers.if there is anyone usin them how do u fish them along the edge of the bank, cast across the river and work it back or just fish the snags any info u got would be great cheers matty89

They definitely work mate, i have used wrigglers quite a bit there. Use the lightest jig weight possible for the conditions [consider water depth, current, where the fish are holding etc] and match the right hook size [should come out about one third down your plastic]. Then just chuck them right into the middle of the nastiest structure you can find using the lightest leader you can bare to...Fish will also definitely hold in the shallows along banks, particularly the side being hit by the wind, work those areas hard too.

thanks for that guys im using the .5g finess heads and the 1.5g ball heads on the smallest hook size they do which is a 6 or a 4 was using them on sunday for 2 hours for nothing switched to a flickbaitand got 2 in low 30s and then a cracker at 41.5 so must be doing somthing wrong with the wrigglers do u cast them out then reel them bk slowly or twich them bk? any wriggler colours stand out from the rest for u? cheers matty89

• 3 weeks later...