Entry level kingy outfit

Was going through the forum and couldnt find much info on spin outfits for smaller kings. Im thinking about picking up an entry level outfit for snapper but with the ability to fish for smaller size kings. Probably want to run 30lb braid but im new to this style of heavy tackle fishing. ive got an old BG90 reel but i reckon it weights as much as the fish im targeting..Any suggestions would be great, prob under $350..to start with.CheersMichael

Mate best I could suggest as an entry level kit for the kings would be a TLD25 combo I saw @ Spot on Salisbury. Think the rod was a Shimano Backbone. The whole thing is $250.00. If ya budget goes to $350, then u could either upgrade the rod or get some top quality braid to go with it I guess.It'd be far to heavy an outfit for snapper though and u'd best be staying with that BG90 for them. ;)Maybe get in touch with 1onmypillie (adelaide bait n tackle) and see what he has left that is suitable. Might get yourself a bargain!

I picked up a rovex big boss 7500 and spooled this up with 50lb rovex viros braid (300m fits easy + backing + big wind on)I matched this up to a berkley dropshot 12-24kg jig rod and its not a bad cheap combo. For snapper you could go a lighter rod.I use it as a second rod for throwing poppers or dead baits for kings. No kings on it yet but have pulled up some monster smoothies at PA on it under near locked drag - plenty of power.The only down side about the rovex was the knob on the handle bent while fighting a big ray. Quick email to them and they sent out an improved replacement handle for free.All up cost about $300 for the whole combo including braid.