Port Augusta Power House

Took a drive to Port Agutta today, to scope out the Power Station, and Fishing grounds, drove right out the Power station, right to the boom gates, and a big sign says visitors and Fisherman sign in and sign out, so talked to the security guard asked about fishing there ..Was gonna take a look around, well he said that they have STOPPED anyone fishing there now, because of a few idiots not abiding by the rules, EG, Jumping walls on several occasions, and being irresponsible, so now just of last week or two, NO MORE FISHING there thru the Power Station. ( Good On you Idiots ) :angry: The security guy was very helpful actually said turn down such and such a road it will lead you to an old Boat ramp, broken up badly, but with a small boat and a good 4wd :P Ohhh dont forget a decent high tide, you can launch, so took a drive there :ohmy: :ohmy: , found the spot, it was right there for fishing for kings. 2 mins from Power station..Might be a mission.. :woohoo:

he also mentined the same spot to me a couple of mths ago.but didnt point out where it was exactly... needs to be a high tide, otherwise forget it he told me... no water.mate works there and he is spewing about not being able to fish... he said some idiot climbed down a ladder to the water to gaff a king...and got caught doing it..

hi guysyou can launch at the side of the powerstation road in the yak no worries. we have did it last season, and went up again this year but the weather didnt play nicely :( you should be able to launch the yak at dead low tide, you just need to get over about 15 metres of mud flat. at high its easy.its about a 3 minute paddle to the front wall of the station, but in the wrong conditions turns into a washing machine. nothing you cant handle on the yak, without going out in a gale!a few of us are looking at getting up again for spring to launch there, and a new launch spot we found a few kms south of the station. be sure and let us know how you get on, tuesday is looking the goods on seabreeze...

Guest SuperThahn

an employee was allowed to take 1 or 2 people in.I know the head of security there and a good friend of mine used to be in charge of looking after the fishing rules ect there. He moved to queensland this year and the rails fell off and it got banned.It was only a matter of time with the public going to the gates and driving straight through and also jumping fences.The fishing was actually stopped there due to two stupid things done by employees.Due to more idiots the channel that people fish in their boats will soon be closed too.

Yep. Thats definitely on the cards, although apparently after their next shutdown a safety audit will be conducted and hopefully after maybe some more "safety barriers" are put in place the feeling is that the fishing will be reinstated according to this particular security guard. Nice bloke too. Very helpful and didnt mind a chat

Guest AC Hardfronts
vb4me wrote:

According to security at the gate as long as you were with an employee or former employee or were a former employee yourself and signed in it was ok to fish there, but a couple of employees have recently stuffed that up.

Employee...Public....nah two different things i reckon...been off limits to employees and co. for a few months now..
B) Hi guys just a few comments on the state of the Power House saga,it is quite true that a few so called smart fellas stuffed it for everybody as far as fishing inside goes people jumping walls to get at the better fishing(dangerous)Have been inside to fish for the silvers on a couple of occassions but that is now also stuffed as for the old boat ramp at the power house you can launch the boat at mid tide[we usually launched at any time with tinny] as long as you don't mind dragging it to the water as for the bigger boats I always relied on 1.8 metre tide to launch a 16ft fibreglass it made it easy but you must watch your water levels as you cannot retrieve your boat when the tide is gone you will have to wait until the tide rises and the tides here are approx. 6hours apart. I hope this helps ;)