Fly fishing for bream tomorrow afternoon

Hey all, as the title suggests going down to the Onka at the bottom of the road & chase some bream on fly, got some patterns I've tied & not tried should be an interesting afternoon light southerlies, gotta get those old casting arm mucsles flexing. i'll post up any results. B) :woohoo: :laugh:

Another fishing outing gone up the proverbial creek, bloody contractor didnt show up at lunch time like he promised, showed up at 3.45pm to late best part of the tide is in. :angry: reelin was going to fish the long stretch before (down stream) south rd bridge. But any where along the onka depending on wind direction, time of year etc. All the flys i use i make & are my own design.some years ago had my own little business making & selling saltwater flies commercially & the old bream flies made me a few pennies richer but the fly fishing scene dried up after a while & had to go back to work :(;) all good, alot of it had to do with fishing :)Mickyj might have to get together one day & have a fly fish westlakes or onka? :)

projoe wrote:

ok, hav'nt used my bream poppers for a while be a good oppotuntity to get'em wet & crunched :woohoo: :)

There still flies a cross between poppers and what bugsplat(dave) calls bobby flies .But very very very tiny makes them a bugger to tie that small but its a challenge .the best part is the buzz u get when a bream(no matter what size) or whatever fish from Garfish to mullieway jumps and strikes a a popper bobby or gurgler on the surface.