snyderglas 6153 (7w)

heres the question..this rod ive had almost 20 yrs...got it when i got the alvey.tough as nails, and ive recently done it up and looks like new again.BUT...ive always been led to believe it was a 7 wrap...but after reading a few posts on this forum, im not so sure now.snyderglas 6153 (7w)the (7w) i took to be meaning a 7 wrap, but would the 6 at the start be the number of wraps, followed by the letgh of 153 inchs?if its a 6wrap, what does the (7w) mean?

vb4me wrote:

Was always under the impression that the first number was amount of wraps then the next three numbers was the length in inches. Might pay to give one of the local rod builders a ring to find out or Gary Howard in Queensland who uses//used snyderglas blanks.

thats what i always thought as well....but its got me what the (7w) in brackets after the other numbers is.

The blank will probably be a S153(7W) S=surf 153=inches (7W)=wrapsAlso available as a 9 wrapIs it possible the prefix 6 is a S?This is how Snyder designated most of their models.Kilwell and Pacific Composites (Butterworth) designated their models like this..MT8144 MT=multi taper 8=wraps 144=inches or FSU4120 FSU=fast surf 4=wraps 120=inches

tully wrote:

The blank will probably be a S153(7W) S=surf 153=inches (7W)=wrapsAlso available as a 9 wrapIs it possible the prefix 6 is a S?This is how Snyder designated most of their models.Kilwell and Pacific Composites (Butterworth) designated their models like this..MT8144 MT=multi taper 8=wraps 144=inches or FSU4120 FSU=fast surf 4=wraps 120=inches

just had another look, and i think your right... its part missing, but indeed..after a good look i reckon it IS and S...thanks mate.