crabbing for dummies

Del wrote:

use the kids for bait...im keen for a feed one day.. might have to buy a few nets.. but hate the idea of sitting at one of the jettys with all the croweds.. wonder how it would go crabbing from the yak... hrmmmm.... dangerous me thinks.. hahhahaha

Go for it....Drop a net down, Make sure you label everything, fish and crab at the same time.. :)

stormy are you in boat mate or land based if by boat head out from nth haven vear left and sit about 1 to 1.5 km of the semaphore jetty by memory its about 15 ft of water and produces well all summer it will fire up to full swing over the next couple of months..as for baits pretty much any thing fishy will catch them (remembering fish only no meat or poultry products)but i find couta heads work the best and you will without fail get a feed on them..enjoy mate and have fun look forward to hearing about you eating them tasty little buggers ;) oh yea and if you are land based id listen to benny cos i aint a clue where to start there :)