scored myself a penn reel but i not sure of what year it is looks old and has a few chunks out of it,, still run very smooth ,,theres no id on it accept its a penn international 50 single speed have tried to google but no luck so im figuring its very old,,, any info would be helpful,,, and there was this thing with two hooks on it any info whats its for would help as well im figuring its some thing to do with hooking up to a harness of some sort?? thanks in advance cheers freddyboy Posted Image

a.JPG

Nice old Penn you've got there, couldn't tell you the year, but I believe that the thing with the hooks is a rod clamp, the hooks go on the reel and the curved bit of metal goes under the reel seat. If no one can tell you the year it's from, try sending an email to Penn with the serial number.

Guest big lizard

It's a fairly early model Inter Fred,by the engraving around the 50, its got me stumped with the handle though i reckon it more than likely had a wooden handle before?? Dunno but inters around 1996 had those handles and different engaving etched in.... Tough old reels mate great purchase... ;)