Crumbed Calamari for Tea Tonight

Well went Squiding today out at Lowley, was a gorgeous day for it.. Snapper Ban has is on now, so went for some squid..( To eat ) not for snapper bait lol :P Got cuttlefish for that :) Caught 4, so was pleased, better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick :woohoo: Posted ImageOne Happy Camper :laugh:Posted ImageCaught up with Rocknev aswell out there, had a nice chat and fish, shouldn't laff :silly: but he cast out and lost his old faithful Jig he has had for yrs, the thing was ripped to shreds, no eyes left :laugh: actually advised me to try one like it, so I Bought one lol, :laugh::laugh: and BINGO..Worked a treat :) Good day.. :) Going to take my middle son out tommoz, he's keen as, so hopefully he will land some too.. :)

shane wrote:

Yum Crumbed Calamari Looks like you had a top day, and tomorrow looks great as well Love squid in summer with a bit of salad I think I might have a crack at them myself tomorrowSo how did you cook them Sandy Salt and Pepper?

Was a nice morning :) A dude was catching a few too, just up from usaswell, Im looking forward to taking my son out tommoz, got his rod set up for him earlier, so he is set to go..Didnt do salt and pepper this time as much as I LOVE it..Yum!! ;) Just crumbed with a few spices..Fresh, ya cant beat it..Got inked too, didnt see it coming lol :laugh: LOL Nev...Tasty bait but :laugh:

as mentioned i lost my bestest bestest BESTEST BESTES jig.it WAS a pink yo zuri, in fabric, which was so torn up the fabric was ripped to shreads.... it had no eyes, and the swuivel in the end was bent sideways at 45 degrees...damn its caught some squid thoughgave sandy a few pointers on casting...WHERE YOU LOOK IS WHERE IT LANDS....and i showed her.i threw hers out, and told her i would put my jig right next to it.i was using a 10ft snyderglass overhead with an abu7000, and i put my float, less than a foot from hers...where you look IS where it lands.aim for a moutin in the background i told her, and bingo...she did and thats the dirrection it wentafter i lost my jig, i left sandy to it...she only had one when i left, so WELL DONE MATE...i ended up with 3, so i got out fished...

SandyWhiting wrote:

Sent the Piccs to VB this arvo before i left rocks , coz he is at the Duke so he dont get signal till he gets into town almost and his first response to me by text was "U BITCH" :laugh: :laugh:He's looking forward to his next break off.. :)

hahahaah.... bet kirks hanging to beat ya in the fishing stakes...its a man thing.....
Del wrote:

cuttlie is soooo much better than squid to eat! nice big thick steaks!!!

I tried cooking cuttlefish once, the same way I do squid which must be wrong :S Because I would rather eat a cold chop lol ;) But they make top whiting baitsHow long would you cook cuttlie steaks for Del