HAVING SOME DOWN TIME AT WORK TODAY SURFING THE SITE.. NEW WORK MATE HAS MOVED FROM VIC A MONTH AGO . HE IS AN ACTIVE SPEARFISHERMAN (NOT MY SCENE!!!!SWIMMING LIVE BAIT FOR SHARKS!!!!) AND MEMBER OF CLUBS INTERSTATE. HE ASKED ME IF YOU WERE ALOUD TO HAND SPEAR IN THE ONK IN THE LOWER REACHES AROUND SOUTHPORT BRIDGE. CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION FOR ME ......TA BLIGHTY

blightmadi69 wrote:

HE ASKED ME IF YOU WERE ALOUD TO HAND SPEAR IN THE ONK IN THE LOWER REACHES AROUND SOUTHPORT BRIDGE. CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION FOR ME ......TA BLIGHTY

hi Blighty, "No" is the answer to your question, it's a marine park around that area from memorycheers chuckPS Oh! by the way turn ya caps of, it means your shouting at us to type with caps on ;)

"in Gulf St Vincent within 600 metres of high water mark between Outer Harbour (southern most breakwater) and Gulf View Road, Christies Beach (where the Port Noarlunga Aquatic Reserve commences) – spears are not allowed to be used unless south of Onkaparinga Head"http://www.pir.sa.gov.au/fisheries/recreational_fishing/fishing_gear/permitted_devices#SpearNeed to be south of the mouth of the onk. Any of the reef and rocky headlands hold fish. Have caught a few leatherjackets, magpie perch and strong fish with my bro this time last year with a polespear.