I Need Your Advice

Hi All,As a new fisherman I was pretty pleased with my catch of Carp on the Torrens Lake since I must have been doing something right. I was therefore a bit gutted when the lake was closed.I have a basic rod and 2 standard river rigs and a bottom feeder saltwater rig, any ideas where I could go as an alternative? what bait I should use? and what I might catch?Any catch is a good catch with me just starting out. (I'm based in Mile End)Many Thanks,Matt

Guest davidm#2

no worries, glad to help.i might have miss interpreted another post in the freshwater threadsbream are prety easy to chase. they will take just about anything from worms, cockles, prawns or even lures. you can easily fish from the land just pull up a spot sit bak and wait for the fish to bite. also the bottom rig u were using in the torens should be fine,if not go into a tackle shop and they should have rigs already made up for ur chosen species cheers

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Brent61southoz

i use just bread on the hook, nothing flashy..if you want to try the torrens gimme a yell, i pass by you almost,henley bch rd..but not today, ive just got in from being on the water since 5am. no snapper but 60 gar ,yummybrent