natives on fly

Sorry Big MNever really tried myself, the fresh has always been monopolised by the trout. Once you sightfish big trouties on the surface on dries hard to go back to casting blind.BIG clousers and Deceivers, BRIGHLY coloured fluro colours should do ok on the yellowbelly and the cod if you know they are there. Have seen a mate tie a BRIGHT fluro spinner fly to use down at wentworth on the cod. No expert but super slow retrieve, with long pauses seems to be the go. I know of a few caught on various nymphs as bycatch. Hope that helps

G'day Matty I've just seen your post. I'm heading over to Victoria next week with the kayak to have a fish for Cod and here's what I'll be chucking at them. They are called Foambergs but they are really just Dahlberg Divers with the head created with EVA foam sheet material. They make a great bloop when stripped and hopefully I can get a few big green monsters with them. Anyway here's a couple of pics for you and I hope this helps you out. Good luck.Cheers DarrenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

matty89 wrote:

hey darren ur a star at this fly tying they look awsum man what if they not feeding on the surface tho u got any weighted flys to try?cheers matty

Matty, Cod love surface flies and lures but I will have a few subsurface flies aswell. I'll be using Fatboys for chucking into the snags on a slow sink. I'll see if I can get a picture of them for you to look at tonight.Cheers Darren