chuckemback wrote:

melting the end of the wire DONT work!! :laugh: cant believe i even tried it !

I have to agree there especially if twisted wire.If you are really desperate you could try heat shrink, mainly used on electronics but if you can get a long enough length for your purpose slip it over your wire and with a hair dryer shrink it and seal ends with silicon.
  • 2 weeks later...
chuckemback wrote:

and the stainless steel still rusts.

Hmmm, must be a very poor quality of stainless steel, Stainless steel should not rust, hence the name stainless, in my experience I only ever seen rust on stainless after it has been welded actually more a brown discoloration than rust, not a great problem, just does not look pretty.

maybe when you get back in town, give it a rinse off and a coating with crc or something.,or put it into a container with some olive oil or similar to stop it from discolouring.cooking oil is pretty cheap these days for the BIN LADEN BRANDS.cut the top off a 2 lt container and drop your trace in.

chuckemback wrote:

i can see all my gear and clothes coverd in oil now! lol ill try it on some smaller wire trace set ups! thanks guys let u know how it goes.

i reckon the trick would be to coil the wire in a round tub, but leave the end with a swivel haning outside of the tub... hook it on, and lift it out.. bait up and your away.ive not tried it myself, the thought just came to me as i used to soak my go kart chain in oil after each race meeting.