Wire traces

Guest davidm#2

eva since i lost that shark i now use about 300lb wire just to be sure.i make my rigs up myself, and another thing is, i wouldnt buy cheap hooks either coz i lost another big shark to a hook that snaped in half. its not a good feeling cheers

My small piece of advice is steer clear of the cheaper pre-made traces. Bought a couple to try out & the quality of the crimps where very poor. Wire pulled through crimps with hand pressure so had to re-crimp them all. :ohmy: From now on I just buy whatever size game hooks I need & crimp my own sized/length wire of choice. Shogun hooks & swivels with quality crimps for me.

I use DJP Tackle shark rigs, two hook. The rig is quality made. It has 300lbs 49 strand stainless steel wire and shark stainless hooks.On that brand rig I pulled out a 8 ft bronzie few weeks ago and one 7 1/2 ft hammerhead in Yorke Peninsula with no problems at all.Its a good rig, you may find it in lots of local tackle stores around. I bought mine from Got One Stephney.

What size hooks on the twin rig fisherman01? I searched around in 4 shops without any luck so gave up as all I could find was singled rigged 10/0's or 12's. Might have to head to Stepney to check them out if they are the size Iam chasing.dutchxfisher - If your just chasing purely Mullys then I would stay clear from using a wire trace all together, even the coated stuff. Hard enough to entice on mono. as it is. :laugh:

some good tip's, i use shogun 400lb, brass crimps, flemish eye's on all connections so one at the top for your ball bearing swivel, one to your first hook another to the second hook and one more to join the hooks together, so essentially a flemish through a flemish. then to top it all off use some heat shrink to keep everything in place.Another good little tid bit, use zip ties on your bait to keep your hooks in place

At Got one Stephney I see twin sized Shark rigs with 2 x 10/0 or 2 x 12/0. Both are very popular shark hook sizes.Every connection with anything is connected with flemish eye which means each rig has 4 flemish eye's. Its made neatly, lots of qualiy aswell.I dont have a images of it but I checked out the Djp Tackle website and they have some images. When you open the website (www.djptackle.com) scroll down to the bottom and there you have some images of shark rigs. I read on some topics T BONE, that you may find some on Got One St Marys, Tackle World O'Halloran Hill aswell. :cheer: