went out for the reds last sunday morning boys, did ok. came hm with 4 legal fish, went out to clarries as its the only decent place i know as im new to the snapper scene. fished the high tide in the mornin and used pillies got 2 snaps one 39cm and the other 48cm. then we had to leave to take a couple of mates in. got a few on the drift as we left but were undersize. went back out to fish the low tide had to catch slimmies as we used all pilchards in morin sesh. as 1pm came the snapper arrived, lots of small ones but then as i was helping my bro get a hook out of a undersize snapper my rod went nuts, pulled up my pb of a 50cm snapper then my bro netted it. as we were sorting that snapper out my bros line was back in the water and we were trying to untangle my hooks from the net as his rod went off, then he pulls up a 60cm snap, so they went as fast as they left but a few intense minutes of fishing was wild. well atleast we are slowly getting closer to a 10 kg snapper. :cheer: :cheer:

when it happens it happens ;) the trick is to be ready at all times for the place to go off. Have seen it with many species at many places and can quickly catch people out. It's human nature to ruch things when the adrenalin is pumping. You think everything has to be done lightning fast when the best thing to do is take a deap breath and be pricise. Only takes another split second.Sounds like you had a ball anyway LF. Welcome to the sight and great fisrt post. B) Hopefully more to come. Dont' forget the pics next time though... everyone loves pics !! :lol: