To the commercia Long liner I met at sea..19/01/10

I'm not sure if you read this forum but I'd just like to say thank you to the commercial long lining fisherman I met at sea yesterday (19/01/10).I was the Pom in the boat taking his mate out fishing for the first time.I must admit I was a little nervous when you approached and identified yourself as a commercial fisherman.I've read stories of some rather unpleasant meeting between recreational fisherman and commercial fisherman. :unsure:Our meeting could not have been further away from this.You were courteous, identified yourself,gave us the odd tip,welcomed us,ensured we knew where your lines were and were very understanding when one of my lines tangled with yours.Good to meet ya out there!!!I just thought I'd post this to redress the balance against some of the bad news stories you read regarding meetings like this and with other rec fishos.We had travelled a fair way to have a look at that area so I was very pleased not to feel uncomfortable in the commercial fisho's vicinity.I hope we did not come across as complete muppets. :laugh:

ive met a few nice ones as well, want to see a real unhappy one??? wait til you find 2 of them in the same area... hahahaha. brother was out with a pro mate he is friends with, and sinkers were being thrown between the 2 pro'snow my bro, is a pretty big lad... a giant teddy bear, but also as strong as an ox.....i wouldnt want to upset the big fella in a hurry if he got hit with a sinker ( which i have done to him, folded him up like an envelope,,, but thats a different story :laugh::laugh: ) i shoud add, my bro was a pitcher for glenelg, and the state baseball team... so if he throws something, it normally hits where he aims it... and with SUCH SPEED....silly move mr pro fisherman in the other boat. :)