rod marbling

i was with vb4me today, and we were checking out some stuff to do with his custom rod hes having built... he showed me this, so now im all pumped up to have a crack at doing my snyderglas 2 piece rod...question though... where can i buy a rod turner, and more importantly, where can i buy the paint to add to the epoxy coating? cant say ive seen it before, but im pumped up now...always wanted to personalise my own rods... and make them stand out.has anyone made a rod turner from an old sewing machine motor?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqgEU5ox3n8

while binding the rod i just turn it by hand, it's not that hard ;) and for when i put the 2-pac on i use an old micro wave motor from the turntable ;) i mounted it on a couple of bits of wood so it would stand at the same level as my turning stand, also made from wood :P i then bought and attached a large plastic rod end, then use tissues/rag to make what ever size blank i'm using works a treatgreat fun to buy/build/fish with a rod you have made ya self B) cheers chuck

That's an interesting finish and just adds a little more of a personal touch.Thanks for sharing!Camo epoxy comes to mind :laugh:And a nice offer too for a rod turner.. Bonus!Bunnings used to do battery operated and 240volt bbq rotisserie motors for a slow spin.And the pigments they use in the video they also sell online from their US store.You may be able to track the same product down here in Aus or off ebay..Good luck!