Has any body been Crabbing lately

dont know about that far down, but its pretty easy to fill the tub with huge fat and full blueys around here... they thick..so thick , im snagged them on the surf rod when winding in.when im also catching big blueys on known snapper drops in a boat, its a fair guess there aint many snapper around. :(

rocknev wrote:

dont know about that far down, but its pretty easy to fill the tub with huge fat and full blueys around here... they thick..so thick , im snagged them on the surf rod when winding in.when im also catching big blueys on known snapper drops in a boat, its a fair guess there aint many snapper around. :(

Very easy in Whyalla at the moment, as Nev said. Good season, maybe because there aren't many big snapper around.Travel a bit further to Whyalla Mick, and your pretty much guaranteed a feed. In the boat or raking. B) A long way to go for a feed of crabs though.

Howdy,Thanks for that hope you are enjoying those crabs but as you said coming from Loxton to Whyalla is a long way for a feed of crabs but I can taste them from here,nothig like a feed of crabs and a cold beer or 3. I will just have to take my chances on the Yorks just hope the professinal Crabber hasnt come through in the mean time, we went late last year left at 4am got over there crabbed fo 6 hours and got 1 keeper was not impressed got back to the boat ramp and talking to the guys there said that the locals said that the Pro had been through the area over the past few days and nobody got anything so I didnt feel quite so peeved off.I thought I must have lost my touch. Cheer,sMickZ

Guest shagging
karlmeredith wrote:

hi haven't seen many legal ones around Ardrossan lately, lots of little ones under the jetty (wife went snorkeling )lots of people go out and only get a few legal .you may have more success if you are in a boat but don't expect to bag out on jetty

Jetty's gotta get past the other 5000 people there just to find some real estate to drop your net! :):laugh:

Father-in-law has only got a couple of good hauls this season from the boat.....this is in "his" areas between Ardrossan and Port Vincent.....Heaps of smaller under-sized crabs........10:1 at least under-sized to legal.......even the keepers haven't really got a lot of meat in them.All in all,a lean season on Yorke's in our experience.The jetties seem to be quiet,and the rakers not doing much better.

Howdy,Thanks for the info it looks like the yorks is doomed.The wife said well we can go to the daughters at Exeter and go for a run around the port river on Saturday in the tinny, then get up extreamly early and go anywhere to get a feed Sunday(she is just as keen as I am so we will have to go for a drive) just have to see what the weather is like as it is raining at the moment here at LoxtonCheers,MickZ