Favourite fishing moment

My favourite fishing moment was at West Beach boat ramp. I had been fishing for bream off the rocks and was walking back along the breakwater behind a another fisho and his very trim missus. Well, coordination wasn't one of her key attributes (of which there were many others) and she insisted on taking most of the journey across the rocks on all fours. Couple this with a very short summer dress and a very skimpy G-banger, it was definitely my best fishing moment :P

Man, how do ya pick one,i grew up fishing with my dad from a very young age back in the day when fish were plentifull .All we had was a dinghy and fished shallow bays around carpenters rocks and later atSt kilda.You could getcray outofthe rock pools in the south east.On one occasion he got a 5 kilo lobster . Or was it my first trip to Thistle Island or thumper whiting at Edithburgh,Trubridge point hot salmon sessions,Farm Beach ,sorry im raving on a bit. But the most memorable is catching a 50kg blue fin tuna, a dream come true the grand final of fishing all to my fisho mates disgust ,ahh warms the cockles of my heart.Theyve vowed to catch one bigger and i wish them all the best .As for now theres a Tuna fish stuck in the back of their heads driving their crazed ambition and how good it feels.

• 3 weeks later...

funniest fishing moment would have to be when me and my family went up to port pirie to visit my nan, pop and uncle.. my uncle lent us a few handlines and we decided to go fishin at port germein off the jetty, walkin down the jetty we see some old bloke with a dead magpie in his crab net for bait which was quite a funny site.. my brother and i where only young an had no idea how to use handlines, struggleing to cast, my dads famous last words where 'ill show ya how to do it boys.' winds up an throws it out, gets caught rig comes back an the hook goes strait through the old mans thumb. for the shortest fishing session in history ill never forget that day.

;););)WOW - its hard to top Shag's answer, as I used to love crabbing with my grandad in his boat..I was very spoilt by him AND i feel the same way Shags. Was just so lucky to have a Grandad that took me under his wing. :lol: Most favourite single moment would be fighting a tommy rough on streaky bay jetty, wound the drag loose to make the fish seem big to have the DRAG NUT fall off the reel in front of my brother and best mate. This was as funny as hell. I then had to steel a spare drag nut from a shop when I got back to Adelaide as I was too embarassed to tell my old man.second favourite was fishing Kangaroo creek dam with a mate. Got a solid hook up on 8lb mono. It was thundering and there was lightning and I had my graphite stick. Lightning was crashing down around me and I thought at any minute I could get struck.Whatever I had on was freeeking massive and I took it in turn fighting fish with mate for fourty minutes only to not be able to pull it up from under our feet. If only I had a few more pounds. :dry: :dry: Great post...loving it. B)

I have been fortunate to have had a lot of fish that have been memorable, to me anyway, but I also have some great memories of more amusing kinds.I was night fishing for bream on the River Shannon in Eire one night and apart from the sound of the odd owl, it was as quiet as the grave. I must have dozed off for a few seconds/minutes(?) when there was suddenly a cough right behind my head and a blast of warm air over the back of my neck. I almost made walking on water look easy. What had happened was that a cow had come up behind me without me having any idea it was there. I don't know which of us got the biggest fright, me when the cow coughed or the cow when I leapt to me feet. Certainly it made plenty of noise as it ran away.Tyke, was that the Great Ouse in Bedfordshire?

• 2 weeks later...

Venus Bay about 1978 as a 14 year old when the old man and I would head down to the jetty every night about 10pm and catch ripper tommies about 10/11 inches at the change of the tide. Anyway, the last night we were there, the old man decided he wouldn't come cos basically he'd had enough catchin tommies so I went on my own. Caught nothin for a while and thought it was a bit strange and then got one and got busted off.WTF? That was no tommy. Ended up pulling in 25 salmon average 5 pounds with not a soul around. The old man came down about 2am to see the jetty covered in blood and salmon and had a go at me for not coming to get him!! (ah the days before mobiles) Gave most of them away to others at the park in the morning.Yep, that was a good session.