certate 3000 - 4000

Im looking at getting a certate in either the 3000(new model) or 4000(old model) and running either 20 or 30lb braid. just wanted some thoughts on these reels from people who have used them and how far i could push them in terms of fish species.Thanks

Cant offer any advice on what species you can land on them but I can say that the 4000 Hyper has a VERY SMOOTH DRAG. :):) :)OH and its micro adjustable too, meaning there are many positions/clicks to adjust drag. If you invest in a Hyper you will never regret it. Ive got mine loaded with 20lb and it seems spot-onI think if given the opportunity I will add one of the standard 3000 Certates to my arsenal as well...although no certate should ever be called standard, because they are exceptional quality.

cheers for the feedback guys, im looking to put it on a egrell s10 so im thinking its gonna be a pretty tough little set-up. If anyone else has an oppinion please feel free to let me know, its going to be my first decent outfit so i want to get it as right as i possibly can.Any other reels worth looking at for the same price? im always open to different suggestions.Thanks

The choice between 3000 & 4000 is a tuff one.I always would rather a reel that is slightly (and I only mean just slightly) larger than you need, rather than smaller when fishing out deep on reds etc. For this type of fishing, I would rather have a reel that can issue the pain, rather than a reel that I am going to have to take my time to get a fish up with. Reason being if you hook something bigger than your target species, like a monster King when fishing for snaps up the top end of the gulf, you have enough stopping power to be a chance, and you dont end up spending 15mins to half an hour playing a fish you cant land and hence missing out on time in the water for catching reds.My 4000 fits nicely on my short 6foot6 snapper sticks but then also is nice on my Diablo soft plastic rod rated at 6-10kg measuring 7.0footJust remember that the 4000 although it sounds big is really not that big. I have a 4500 Freams and the 4500 is slightly too big for both of these rods but the 4000 matches superbly.If you were out deep I would be going the 4000. But if fishing inshore mainly the 3000 could be a better reel. My mate bought on of the Daiwa 3500 sized reels (Not Certate but one of the top end Daiwas) and wishes he had bought a bit bigger.Good luck with the purchase and let us all know what you end up going for??

• 2 months later...