Wondering if anyone can help me here. Been out on boats crabbing before and seen people using a telescope style viewer to see the bottom and see if their crab net has any crabs in it before pulling it up.Not sure what they are called. Recently bought a boat and want to get myself one, but so far i've had no luck in the fishing stores that I have looked in.Cheers.

mate ya dont need to buy one go to reece plumbing or similar and get 1 mtr of 200mm pvc around $10 and get a clear piece of perspex and cut it so its snug fit then seal with some good silicone all up mine caos me $15 and about an hour to make and that includes shopping time..hope this makes sense if not il get some photos for ya ;)

carps wrote:

mate i love mine on any half decent day i dont have to pull my nets to check them just wait till i see a couple in there and pull away saves a few sore hands at the end of as long day crabbin ;)

I trust it doesnt leave any painful red rings on your face if an unexpected wave comes past carps ;):huh: :ohmy:
afishyfish wrote:

carps wrote:

mate i love mine on any half decent day i dont have to pull my nets to check them just wait till i see a couple in there and pull away saves a few sore hands at the end of as long day crabbin ;)

I trust it doesnt leave any painful red rings on your face if an unexpected wave comes past carps ;):huh: :ohmy:
I would strongly suggest a set of handles if your'e making your own. The one we purchased has one but isn't enough some times. Two would be be the go ! Easy to screw into the PVC, some galv strip would be perfect.

dont bolt anything on the sides just grab a jig saw and cut one either side about 50mm down from the open end and yes you are correct it does leave some nice red marks but it has also caught my sunnies on a number of ocasions aswell so saved me a ton of coin :laugh:

Whitworth`s in the Port have `em,cheap rectangular one is $35-$40,top of the range orange plastic,with screw together segments, and handles built in about $75. Have got one of the luxury models,had it for nearly 20 years,absolutely recommend it, Brilliant item. Will supply photo if you like,let me know.